Can Square Dancing Survive
Following is an update of the COVID-19 surver with 240 responses. The survey will be open until the end of the month.
The first question in this 2 question survey asks dancers, “When do you plan to start square dancing again?”
There are 240 responses so far. The results, at the time of this post, are shown below:
- 122 (50.8%) I will start dancing as soon as the halls are opened up. Just tell me when and where and I will be there!
- 49 (20.4%) I really want to start dancing again but I will wait until there is a vaccine available for COVID-19.
- 2 (0.8%) I have decided to hang up my dancing shoes. My dancing days are over.
- 67 (27.9%) Other.
The second question asks if there are any other restrictions and/or objections that would need to be considered for you to dance again.
Following is sample of the responses which were received. For a complete list click: Survey Results – 2.
- Lots of hand sanitizer.
- When scientific data shows that is safe, or safe methods are available for close/somewhat intimate/ and physical contact. Do not overestimate the need for revenue over safety of dancers.
- I won’t be bringing or eating the food for awhile though. But I will dance!
- Would like to see temperatures taken at the door and an entry hand sanitizer station.
- If a proven effective vaccine of some kind is developed, we’d start dancing again soon after.
- No new cases for a month.