Overalls Weekly – 05/28/2020
This week the Placer County Board of Supervisors sent a letter to the governor laying out a plan to proceed to phase 3 or our reopening and asking the governor to give them permission to proceed. Phase 3 would involve reopening hair salons and movie theaters, with restrictions of course. If approved this means we should be able to dance soon. However, we have yet to receive permission from Placer County to use the Veteran’s Memorial Hall in Royer Park. Be sure to keep in touch to receive the latest information.
In the meantime, if you need any assistance or hear of any of our members becoming ill or having problems, please don’t hesitate to let us know! Our phone number is 916-573-0228. And if you haven’t heard, the most recent guidance from the Placer County Health Officer is to wear a cloth face covering if you go out, not so much for your protection, but for the protection of others. They have found that you can spread the virus before you have any symptoms. Stay home and stay safe!
UPDATE – ASDSC RETURNING TO DANCING SURVEY
When do you plan to start square dancing again?
- 122 (49.6%) I will start dancing as soon as the halls are Opened up. Just tell me when and where and I will be there!
- 50 (20.3%) I really want to start dancing again but I will wait until there is a vaccine available for COVID-19.
- 2 (0.8%) I have decided to hang up my dancing shoes. My dancing days are over.
- 72 (29.3%) Other
We are interested in knowing if there are any other restrictions and/or
objections that would need to be considered for you to dance again.
- If we know the group and feel safe, then we would consider it. Masks and hand sanitizer recommended.
- Having kids in school that come dancing. I need to be sure they do not pick it up before coming back. So, I am actually between when it is open and when it is safe.
- We can’t wait to get back to square dancing! I would like to see if it would be at all possible to dance without using our hands…. might be more of a challenge to ‘keep square’ but I think holding hands is probably a bad idea for now. Masks would be difficult, as would food. Everyone could bring their own snacks and water. Thanks, Harold, for creating this questionnaire, it’s good to see the majority of dancers are looking forward to returning!
- People are smart enough to know that hand sanitizer is a must. Square Dancers are huggers so probably fewer hugs.
- Just want to know that the person I’m holding hands with doesn’t have the coronavirus!
- If all the halls and Centers open to us do we consider it to be safe.
For a complete list of the input we have received so far click Survey Results.
ALTERNATIVES FOR SQUARE DANCING AT HOME!
While we continue to shelter at home there are a few unique ways we can do some square dancing at home. Check out the following links and let us know what you think.
|5/31||Gene Inman||6/17||Douglas Schwilk|
|6/4||Katherine Hartsgrove||6/18||Lori Tibbett|
|6/16||Carolee Catterall||6/23||Kim Hansen|
SAVE THE DATE!
Save the date: Sunday, June 7th. This is the date we selected for our upcoming Overalls social activity. Time and place are yet to be determined. Based on your input we are planning on a Game Day & Potluck. Stay tuned for more details.
If you would like to see the results click Overalls Social Activity Survey.
- Banners we have:
- Galt Diamond Dancers
- Banners stolen from us:
- Buttons ‘N’ Bows
- Jackson Claim Jumpers
- Apple Jacks & Jills
SQUARE DANCING AT CALIFORNIA STATE FAIR 2020
We will NOT be square dancing at the 2020 California State Fair this year. We did receive the official word last week that it has been cancelled due to Covid-19. We want to thank all the square dancers who had signed up.
For more information click: 2020 California State Fair & Food Festival Cancelled.
KEEPING UP WITH THE OVERALLS
Do you want to keep up with what is going on with the overalls and with square dancing in Sacramento? Here is how:
- Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/Overallssquaredance.
- Subscribe to our weekly emails: email us at email@example.com.
- Subscribe to the ASDSC Google Group: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, June 27th, (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Club: Main Street Strollers
Theme: Wave A Flag For Up And Coming Callers!
Location: IOOF Hall, 467 Main Street, Placerville, CA
Level: Mainstream & Plus
Caller: Scot Byars will MC and be joined by feathered Callers in training.
THE FOLLOWING DANCES HAVE ALL BEEN CANCELED
June 17-20: 69th National Square Dance Convention at the Spokane Convention Center, 334 West Spokane Falls Boulevard, Spokane, WA, 99201